- Student must carry his/her almanac and I-card to school every day. It must have his/her photograph and identification information complete and signed by parents.
- Students should be neatly dressed. The school uniform is to be worn on all working days. Strict action will be taken against students who do not adhere to the uniform norms of the school.
* No low waist (skirts / trousers) are permitted.
* Shirts should be properly tucked in.
- Boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals.
* No spikes / streaks are permitted.
* The boys in senior classes need to shave at regular intervals.
- Girls should plait their hair if it is below their shoulders. Short hair should be neatly cut and pinned.
- Students are expected to respect the property of others. This includes respect for school property. No student should damage any school furniture, write or draw anything on walls, furniture or in any way damage things that belong to others. Damage done, even by accident, should be reported at once to the class teacher or the Principal. Any damage done will be made good by the one who causes it.
- The School is not responsible for goods lost. It is advisable not to bring valuable articles (like expensive watches, pens, mobiles, i-pods, cameras, pen drives, CDs, etc.) to school. If your ward needs to bring in any of the above mentioned items, it should be deposited with the class teacher for the day. In case, the student is found carrying any of these valuables they will be confiscated and not returned.
- Students are not to wear any jewellery to school (e.g. chains, rings, bangles, bracelets, etc.). Girls may wear only one pair of ear rings or studs.
- Students should be polite wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers when they meet them. Bullying and use of foul language are punishable offences.
- The School reserves right to suspend or take strict disciplinary action against a student whose diligence or progress in studies is constantly unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- As far as possible, once a child has come to school, he / she should not be taken home on half day leave. No short leave will be granted under any circumstances on the test days.
- Students should get their Report Cards signed by their parents/guardians within five days of the receipt of the Report Cards and return them to the class teachers. If lost, a fine will be imposed.
- Students must not miss any teaching / games / library / activity periods.
- MMPS provides education from L.KG to Class XII. Therefore, it is expected that the juniors be treated with love and affection by the seniors while the juniors show respect to their seniors.
* No student should indulge in any of the following practices:
* Spitting in or near the school building
* Disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property
* Rowdy and rude behaviour
* Use of violence in any form
* Casteism, communalism or practice of untouchability.
- Students, under any circumstances, should not drive down to school. Strict action will be taken against the student violating this rule.
- Students are expected to maintain discipline while travelling in the school bus. If found misbehaving, the bus facility will be withdrawn with immediate effect.
- The observance of rules of discipline of the school and good behaviour is an essential condition to a student's continuance in the school. In case a student violates the school rules or indulges in any form of indiscipline, strict action like expulsion/suspension/restriction shall be taken against the student.
School Bus Rule
- Transport facilities are provided for the convenience of the students, although it is not an obligatory service of the school.
- Applications for school transport, transport cancellation, change of bus stops, change of bus route etc. should be submitted to school Transport Incharge one month in advance.
- Buses will be available only on the routes and at stops fixed by the school and any request for new stops will not be entertained. However, the school reserves the right to make any change if found inevitable.
- Students travelling by the school bus should always be in proper school uniform and in possession of the school ID card with proper bus number failing which, they will not be allowed to board the bus.
- Students must report at the scheduled stop 5 minutes before the bus arrival time.
- Students must travel only by the bus allocated to them.
- No student will be allowed to board a bus other than the one allotted, unless he/she has written permission from the school authorities.
- If a student wants to get down at a different bus stop, he/she should submit a request signed by the parent to the Principal/Transport Office and obtain special permission for the same.
- The bus facility will be cancelled for those students who damage any bus fittings or indulge in acts of misbehavior/indiscipline in the bus.
- In case of misbehavior in the bus, the teacher/driver is authorized to take immediate necessary steps and report the matter to the Principal/Transport Incharge for further actions, if necessary. Such a student will be taken off the bus.
- Eating, drinking or playing any game in the bus is strictly forbidden.
- The school buses are fitted with a governor. There is a fully equipped first aid box in every bus. As you are aware the school will take every precaution for the safety of the children, however, the school is not responsible for situations beyond their control.
- Whenever there is an after school bus route, the buses will cover only a few common stops on the main roads in that area. The regular route will not ply on such occasions.
- Parents are requested to forward all requests regarding transport to the Transport Incharge. All requests may not be feasible.
- Parents of children from classes Nur to V should come/send a responsible person to receive their ward from the bus stop failing which the child will be brought back to school.
- Please ensure that, under no circumstances, any parent boards the bus to discuss on problem of their ward. In case any issue is to be discussed, please meet with the school authorities.
- One year calendar month’s notice in writing or a month's fees in lieu of such notice must be given before a student can be withdrawn.
- Those who leave the school in May must in all cases pay the fees for the month of June.
- Students who have left the school without prior notice and students whose names have been struck off the rolls for unexpected absence without leave application for more than one week or for non-payment of fees are, as a rule, not admitted, admission fees will be charged again.
- Transfer certificates are not issued until all dues of the school are settled and library books returned.
- Students can be asked to leave the school on the following grounds:
* Unsatisfactory progress in academics.
* Detention or repeated detention in a class. As a rule only those students will be retained on the rolls of this school who can take
the school leavingexamination and are under 18 years of age.
* A student who fails twice in the same class will not be permitted to continue his/her studies in the school especially if he/she is
below average in that class.
* Where a withdrawal takes place due to the above reasons, the question of charging a month's fee in lieu of notice does not arise.
1. Monday tests will be held in all subjects for all classes according to the schedule given in the Almanac.
(Attendance in Monday test is compulsory)
(i) LKG-V Monday Test will comprise of 20 marks. Duration 50 Minutes.
(ii) VI-XII Monday Test will comprise of 40 marks. Duration 90 Minutes.
(iii) Notebook submission and subject enrichment activities for respective subjects are included in the internal assessment.
2. Grades (LKG-X) will be awarded in the following areas of learning : Art Education, Health & Physical Education and Discipline
(will be reflected in the terms only.)
3. Term I Report Card - October
Term II Report Card - March
4. For all classes, passing marks will be 33% per subject.
5. Promotion is granted on the basis of the whole year's work, hence the importance of regularity in work and performance in the
6. Promotion will be based on the performance in the best two out of four monday test and half yearly and annual exam held during
the academic session. The Annual Progress Report shall be calculated as
MT-I (20) + HalfYearly Exam (80) =Term I (100 marks)
MT-II (20) + Annual Exam (80) =Term II (100 marks)
7. If the student fails to attend any examination due to a valid reason and at the same time deserves a genuine pass, the concerned
parent is expected to meet the principal a week before the declaration of the result.
8. Once the result is declared, the office will not entertain any sort of discussion in this regard.
9. Result of those students whose dues are not cleared in the office will be withheld.
10. Student should have minimum 90% attendance to be eligible for promotion to the next class.
11. The promotion of students, who are unable to take the Annual Examination, will be based on their performance during the year.
12. In all cases of promotion, the Principal's decision is irrevocable.
|Behavioural Management Strategies: School Policy
|Areas of Concern
||Action to be taken by the School
Note:The serial order specifies the successive steps to be taken by the school in regard to areas of concern.
|Coming Late to school
||1. Verbal Warning
2. Parents to be informed through a note.
3. Parents to be called and the student to be sent home
|Bulling, Aggressive Behaviour & Absuive Language
||1. Written apology to go into the student’s record. One copy of the same to be retained by the class teacher
2. Parents to be informed by note.
3. Parents will be called & the student to be suspended.
||1. Parents to be informed through note.
2. To be sent home
|Defaulter at work
||1. Parents to be informed through note.
2. Withdrawal of break/H.P.E. period
3. Detention until work is finished
|Breakage of School Property
||Fine as per the cost of the damage/Withdrawl of break/P.E. period
||1. Students to clean the class room
2. Withdrawal of break/H.P.E. period.
|A positive school environment does not simply happen: teachers, parents and students need to work hard together to develop it. Therefore certain rules are necessary to make this possible.
||Students must not...
|Be regular and punctual
||Use indecent language
|Return to class from PT/Library/Labs and other outdoor periods on time
|Carry notebooks and assignments as per the timetable
||Damage school property
||Play or run in the class
|Respect teachers through courteous language and conduct
|| Run in the corridors
|Use decent language
||be late in reporting to classs
|Fall in a line when moving out of a class
||be late in submission of work
|Switch off lights and fans when not in use
||Bring mobiles, valuables and heavy cash to school
|Maintain school property
||Litter class or school
|Complete the school work and assignments on time
||Carry or wear accessories to school
|Carry school almanac daily
||Get involved in arguments and fights (verbal or physical)
|Keep pace with fellow friends/ teachers in doing class work
|Be responsible for any work missed in class due to absence
|We expect our students to take pride in their work, their appearance and what they have accomplished. They must develop self-discipline and show courtesy towards all people in the school and community. Our constant endeavour is to realize this dream.